Friday, August 25, 2006

Dubai: teh_blaaaaahness

I've got no problem with the people, they were great. I've got no problem with the vibe. It was great too. I've got a problem with how lacking in heritage and a sense of history it is. It's too modern, they have/had only one museum, didn't really grab me at all. Hell, they've got a Mr Price there too. Woolworths and Truworths too. The desert tour thingy was worth it as was the trip across the Creek. The souks are interesting. But yeah if shopping's not your thing (as it's not mine) then Dubai's not for you. If you're looking for Arabian/Middle East history and stuff go to Jordan, Syria, Turkey, Iran and the now defunct Iraq, or alternatively travel throughout all seven of the Emirates to see what sudden wealth and immense resources can build from dust. If I didn't appreciate things such as what's below, I don't think I'd have any major memories of the place. Personally, I think it's over rated.



Hmmmm...





Nothing ventured, nothing gained...
rah*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licenced under a Creative Commons Licence.